Piazza Madonna degli Aldobrandini
Maximum capacity: 4 people
The Historical Residence Palazzo Aldobrandini del Papa is represented by an apartment on the noble floor of the building itself, of about 300 square meters, which is composed as follows: a large entrance with wardrobe compartment and a large library containing art books of various kinds, which are available to guests who are passionate about culture. The back wall is covered with a 16th century tapestry.
A first hall of 60 square meters welcomes guests with a direct view of the Medici Chapels. Frescoed with an allegory of "music" from the 1800s, it preserves the wooden balcony (not accessible) for the musicians who cheered up the evenings at the Palazzo.
The furniture consists of two large 3-seater sofas, armchairs, armchairs and various chairs, as well as another bookcase and a beautiful display cabinet.
A delightful gallery, entirely frescoed by Tommaso Gherardini and Lorenzo del Moro, with the typical appearance of the winter garden, connects the living room to the rest of the house and represents a cozy and welcoming environment where you can enjoy a pleasant reading.
The dining room consists of a large room of over 50 square meters, furnished with a large central table, a notched sideboard and a wall cupboard, both from the 17th century, 2 round tables for small breakfasts or dinners. The dining room houses the most important fresco in the palace, "the Allegory of the Arts and Virtues that Defeat the Vices" by Vincenzo Meucci (1759).
The large bedroom with an alcove where, presumably, Pope Clement VIII Aldobrandini slept, is composed of an antialcova furnished with a splendid 17th century Piacenza chest of drawers. surmounted by a beautiful oil painting representing a mythological scene, a large wardrobe with three doors, a 3-seater sofa and various seats.
The alcove houses a large double bed surmounted by an ancient golden canopy. Two precious 17th century carved kneelers serve as bedside tables.
In the bedroom, you can admire two frescoes from the Vincenzo Meucci school: the "Allegory of Justice and Peace" in the antialcova and "Jacob's dream" in the alcove, both painted by Tommaso Gherardini (1759).
The en suite bathroom has been entirely renovated during the recent restoration. The claddings are in calacatta marble, the sanitary fixtures are classic in white porcelain. Large full-wall shower.
The space dedicated to the kitchen is large and modern, the equipped wall measures 6 meters. linear. The workstations, equipped with 3 extractor hoods, have been designed to allow 3 chefs to work simultaneously. The kitchen is fully equipped with all appliances and all possible equipment.
The apartment is completed by a small bedroom / study embellished by a delightful vault frescoed with motifs of flowers and delicate lace, a second bathroom with tub where the original "bardiglio" floor of the time has been preserved and a comfortable wardrobe area with 2 large wardrobes.
The apartment is located on the 1st floor (elevator available) and it is suitable for up to 4 people.
A.P.E.: class G - 999,999 kWh/m² year.
Guests have access to the entire apartment.
Cooking & tasting wine like an ancient Tuscan
Wine experiences by Giulicious Moments
Cook with Gloria Mottini
Fiesole - Toscana
Home restaurant by Federica Continanza
San Gimignano - Toscana
Personal photographer Nicolò Mari
Firenze - Toscana